Frequently Ask Questions at TSI Plastics
We will attempt to answer some of the more frequent questions we get from potential customers, If you do not find what you are looking for here, please feel free to drop us a line via email at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-800-788-9374.
Who is TSI Plastics?
TSI Plastics is a company with more than 50 years of experience. We are a certified company that will transform your designs into finished parts that fully satisfy your specifications, and consistently meet all appropriate quality standards. TSI Plastics has achieved the reputation for being one of the most recognized suppliers in quality plastics fabrication. We are a manufacturer of injection molds, plastic parts, and components for a wide variety of applications.
Why should I choose TSI Plastics?
TSI Plastics’ deserved reputation has been earned through customer confidence and by our responsiveness to today's changing O.E.M. markets. We pride ourselves in being problem solvers and providing a wide variety of options when customers bring their products and parts to us for manufacturing. We are a close-knit organization that provides immediate response to our customers needs, and our customer service is our highest priority.
How long has TSI Plastics been in Business?
We have been in business for more than 50 years. We have seen much advancement in process, technology, materials and equipment. We strive to continually improve to meet the evolving customer demand.
Will TSI Plastics be able to manage my Project and Design?
Definitely - Our clients choose to use us because we continually meet or exceed their very high standards for quality, co-operation and technical ability. TSI Plastics has the ability to accurately and promptly move your project through concept and design and into the tooling and production phase.
How will you manage my project?
At TSI Plastics, after a project has progressed into production, the individual departments will assume responsibility for specific portions of production requirements and the Project Engineer is available for support and the evaluation and implementation of any design changes or proposed process improvements. Whether it is hand inspection or stress requirements inspection we strive to assure the products we make will meet or exceed your requirements.
Is TSI Plastics ISO9001 or AS9100 Certified?
Yes! We are certified in the following:
• AS9100 Certified
• ISO 9001 Certified
• Comply with sampling procedures per MIL-STD-1916
What is included in my quote?
All quotes will be carefully reviewed to make sure that all aspects of the customer requirements will be met. We check for accuracy and call clients on any items that are not clear or when there might be a better option to meet their needs. We include specific materials, process, equipment, quantities, set-up charges, terms and delivery. All will be clearly noted and discussed.
What is injection molding?
Injection molding is the process of forcing melted plastic in to a mold cavity. Once the plastic has cooled down, the part can be ejected. It is useful when the parts are too complex or cost independent to the machine. With this process, lots of parts can be made at the same time and out of the same mold.
What is the data required for quoting an injection mold?
Learn about the data required for quoting an injection mold by requesting a quote
TSI Plastics and injection mold preventive maintenance – How do we make sure?
Preventative maintenance takes a lot of planning that requires constant inspection and that involves checking the components, making sure the molding equipment is often lubricated and by doing a constant analysis and check. This will lead to the continuous extension of your equipment.
• We perform regular mold preventive maintenance tasks within established scheduled and timeframe suited to ensure our molds are in operational condition.
• We also check our machines and the safety control on a regular basis.
• Housekeeping is very important; especially tools and equipment must be checked regularly.
• We document all our repair work and changes done on our mold history record card.
• We make sure that we have extra spares for all molds.
• We perform regular checks to make sure that the molds are functional at all times.
• We make sure we have the correct storage facilities.
• Our Engineers regularly attend training sessions to make sure they are informed of all the latest technologies and regularities pertaining to their job requirements.
Are the Engineers at TSI Plastics qualified and what are their specialties?
• Our specially trained people are well educated in the latest technology, extremely helpful and sensitive to your specific manufacturing needs.
• Our engineers have a minimum of 5 years experience in the plastic processing Industry.
• They have strong mechanical skills and understanding of various molding designs.
• They are team orientated with good communication skills.
• They are flexible and work long hours to train with technicians.
• They are flexible towards working hours.
• They have leadership capabilities.
• They are able to complete engineering change requests with supporting data.
• They can complete all necessary reports and distribute to appropriate personnel.
• And have the knowledge to analyze current processes and make suggestions for improvement possibilities.
What different types of molds do you offer?
• Injection Molding
• Compression Molding
• Rotational Molding
• Hand Lay-up Molding
Why would you choose TSI Plastics above other companies?
• We are cost effective.
• We have a history of our engineering and mechanical capabilities.
• Our good reputation has been earned through customer confidence and by our responsiveness to today's changing O.E.M. markets.
Samples of our run type capabilities are:
• Machining-short to medium runs
• Molding-short or long runs
• Stamping-short or long runs
• Screw machining-short to long runs